Last year list
Another in my series of seeing how things change year over year. I’ve started having two sets of EDC – one for when I’m going to the day job and one for when I’m just going out in public. Some items are the same between the sets, but others are switched out.
I use a Saddleback Large Leather wallet.. I keep one of those credit card multi-tools inside it. This is the same between both EDC sets.
I have a key ring that uses little caribiners to attach keys or other items. In addition to my keys, I have a Kingston 32GB Flash Drive, Gerber Artifact, and [Surefire Sidekick](SureFire Sidekick 300 Lumen Rechargeable LED Keychain Flashlight Bundle with USB Car and Wall Adaptors https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MT328TK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_I3DTCbVRRK8H0). These go with me in either EDC sets.
This is one of a [Maxpedition pocket pouch](Maxpedition Micro Pocket Organizer (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005CSYVSW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_H5DTCb7Y9M53Z) that I stash useful stuff. It goes with me in either EDC sets. I keep the following:
– [First aid kit]( Coleman All Purpose 27 Piece Mini Kit, Travel First Aid Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BIRMTY4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Q-DTCbKDBWDTE)- This handles handles minor emergencies
– [Scissors and tweezers](First Aid Only Scissors & Metal Forcep Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CEK3A74/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_faETCb79JKV2D) – Because sometimes a knife isn’t the tool for every situation
– Bic disposal lighter – Must Have Fire
– Lightning to 3.5 mm adapter – in case I need to use wired headphones
– Anker lipstick battery
– Short lightning cable for phone – Three foot or less, just long enough to use the lipstick batteries
– 2 Spare CR123 batteries – Mainly for my flashlights
– Reusable twist ties
– Lightning to micro USB adapter – mostly so I can recharge my lipstick battery
– 32GB flash drive
– Emergency cash – No, I’m not going to say how much
For my day job EDC, I’m carrying a Leatherman Skeletool. It’s a bit â€œfriendlierâ€ when dealing with coworkers. For my going out EDC, I carry a Kershaw-Emerson CQC-10 along with a Gerber Dime multi-tool.
For the day job, I have carry older Streamlight ProTac. The rest of the time, I use the bigger [750 lumen version](Streamlight 88040 ProTac HL 750 Lumen Professional Tactical Flashlight with High/Low/Strobe w/2 x CR123A Batteries – 750 Lumens https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007RB82CS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_6j6TCb8Z1S47M).
I carry a small Sabre Pepper Spray for both sets.
Currently, I’m using a pair of Apple AirPods. Expensive, but worth the cost IMHO. Of course, I needed to replace my old set (because I thought I lost them – I didn’t and now The Wife has her own set) right before Apple released the new version.
I’m using an iPhone 8. I have the 256 GB model because I cram it with audiobooks. Lots of audiobooks.
I’m using a Series 3 Apple Watch.
Unless I’m going to someplace I’m not legally allowed to carry, I generally have my Smith and Wesson M&P9 (First Gen) equipped with a Streamlight TLR-1 and Trijicon night sights. I keep it and the spare magazine loaded with 124-grain Speer Gold Dots (since that’s what the local cops use).