It’s a Toastmasters speech about the blog. And I’m posting it on my blog. The future is weird.
I haven’t been posting my Toastmasters speeches lately because we’re not recording them. Mostly because Zoom.
Anyways, I realized I hadn’t posted this one.
Unfortunately, I didn’t win.
I had the worst case of writers block for this speech. The project asked me to reflect on a time when I was the person being mentored. As you can see, that wasn’t an experience I had.
I looked back at what I wrote in January 2019, and I still stand by that I will make goals instead of resolutions. I did hit my goals for weight loss, but none of my writing goals. It’s amazing how much being married and being in Toastmasters cut down on my free writing time.
So, here are my goals for 2020:
- Toastmasters – Achieve Level 2 on Pathways in Toastmasters (I need to do two more speeches)
- Writing – Finish the third Irregulars story
- Writing – Re-post all of Zombie Strike (somehow in all of the blog issues the audio has gone into the ether)
- Writing – Put up blog posts four times a week
- Activism – Contact my state representative and state senator on all the bad gun bills hitting the 2020 Florida legislative session.
- Weight – Maintain my goal weight and keep my tracking streak for the year
- Professional – Improve my PowerPivot and Power BI skills with an aim at improving my standard reports
- Training– Get to one gun class this year.
This was a non-manual speech I did with not enough preparation. My fault. I was having a very bad case of writers block. I ended up using notes on my IPad. One of the critiques I received was that by being forced to use the lectern so I could see my notes, most of my hand gestures were hidden.
This is the version of my BFS speech that won my Area Contest.
Unfortunately, I was not successful at Division.
My club held it’s humorous speech competition, and this was my winning entry. Now, on to area at the end of October. I’ll post that one as well if they record it. Just to see if my performance improves.
This one was for one of the projects, so it’s a little different than my previous speeches.
This is my fourth speech to my Toastmasters Club. I had some fun celebrating my weight loss and my new kilt.