For the end of the year, I have asked The Brother to compile his favorites for 2019. As you can see, his tastes run a little bit different than mine.
Again, I bring lists of musics for everyone to enjoy. This year I have tried to supply Bandcamp links where possible so you can listen to each album. In the case that the album is not on Bandcamp I have provided a link to Apple Music (because that’s what I use).
Album of the Year
I love Disillusion. Their album Back to Times of Splendor is one of my favorite albums of all time and The Liberation sits right up there as well. I am elated that after a long hiatus, Disillusion return with an amazing album.
The Heavy Stuff
Lots of death metal here… pretty much all forms of death metal, really. I like death metal.
- Soilwork – Verkligheten – Melodic Death Metal
- Insomnium – Heart Like a Grave – Melodic Death Metal
- In Mourning – Garden of Storms – Melodic Death Metal
- Damnation Defaced – The Devourer – Death Metal
- Whitechapel – The Valley – Deathcore
As per last year, I have a second list of great albums that are not death metal, though several of them are still quite heavy (and the Lacuna Coil album has some vocals that come very close to deathy-growls).
- Lacuna Coil – Black Anima – Metal
- Pray for Sound – Waves – Post Rock
- Sabaton – The Great War – Metal
- Daddy Rock – Daddy Rock 2 – Rock
- We Lost the Sea – Triumph & Disaster – Instrumental Rock
These are the albums that were in the running for the other lists but did not make it. These are still really good albums, but the lists have to be capped somewhere.
- Arch Echo – You Won’t Believe What Happens Next! – Instrumental Rock
- Belzebubs – Pantheon of the Nightside Gods – Melodic Death Metal
- Black Therapy – Echoes of Dying Memories – Melodic Death Metal
- Crepuscle – Heavenly Skies – Melodic Death Metal
- Pelican – Nighttime Stories – Post Rock
- Russian Circles – Blood Year – Post Rock
- Tomydeepestego – FEARS – Post Rock
- Valence – Cognitive Dissidents – Instrumental Rock
GO FORTH AND ROCK