Another in my series of seeing how things change year over year. I tend to carry a lot of stuff. It helps that I wear cargo pants pretty much every day. Here are my previous posts:
I use a Saddleback Large Leather wallet.. I keep a Tool Logic Credit Card inside it. It’s not that I use it that much. Mostly, it’s because I’ve had the damn thing for probably twenty-five years, and my wallet feels empty without it.
- Kingston 32GB Flash Drive – Because you never know when someone has a file they want to give you
- Gerber Artifact – I’m not sure if Gerber is still selling these, but their Shard would be a good substitute
- Surefire Sidekick – This flashlight is often the most convenient and gets the most work
This is one of a Maxpedition pocket pouch that I stash useful stuff. I keep the following:
- First aid kit – Coleman Mini First Aid Kit– This handles handles minor emergencies, and I like the tin as a container.
- Scissors and tweezers – Because sometimes a knife isn’t the tool for every situation
- Bic disposal lighter – Must Have Fire
- Lightning to 3.5 mm adapter – in case I need to use wired headphones
- Anker lipstick battery – useful recharge for all of my little electronics
- Short lightning cable for phone – Three foot or less, just long enough to use the lipstick battery
- 2 Spare CR123 batteries – Mainly for my flashlights
- Reusable twist ties
- Lightning to micro USB adapter – So I can recharge my lipstick battery and not have to carry a second cable
- Emergency cash – No, I’m not going to say how much
For the rare times I’ve had to go into the office, I’m carrying a Leatherman Skeletool. It’s a bit “friendlier” when dealing with coworkers.
Lately, I’ve been carrying the bigger Sreamlight ProTac 750 lumen flashlight. It’s too big to really be a pocket flashlight, so I carry it in the spare magazine holder.
If I have to go into the office, I carry an older Streamlight ProTac.
I carry a small Sabre Pepper Spray for when I need something between strong words and deadly force.
Currently, I’m using a pair of Apple AirPods Pro. Expensive, but worth the cost IMHO. I particularly like the “transparent” mode which allows more of the outside sound through.
I’m using an iPhone XR. I have the 256 GB model because I cram it with audiobooks. Lots of audiobooks. I use a simple case that has the texture of a MagPul P-MAG.
I’m using a 44mm Series 5 Apple Watch. I like the always on feature.
For the day job, I carry a Smith and Wesson M&P tactical pen.
Otherwise, I carry a CRKT tactical pen.
Unless I’m going to someplace I’m not legally allowed to carry, I generally have my Smith and Wesson M&P9 (First Gen) equipped with a Streamlight TLR-1 and Trijicon night sights. I keep it and the spare magazine loaded with 124-grain Speer Gold Dots (since that’s what the local cops use). I’ve switched to using a Bravo Concealment kydex IWB holster after the leather on my hybrid started folding over and preventing good holstering. I’m using a BladeTech kydex magazine holder for the spare magazine and the flashlight.